As REALTORS®, we maximize our political power through the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC). RPAC raises voluntary funds from REALTORS® and uses those funds to help elect candidates for public office who share our views on issues that affect our industry and shape our communities. Whether you are a broker-owner or a part-time agent, politics directly impacts your profitability.
Why should I contribute to RPAC?
RPAC is the muscle behind NAR, GAR and your local association. By pooling the resources of over 400,000 politically active REALTORS® nationwide, RPAC allows REALTORS® to maximize their impact on public policy by working to elect pro-REALTOR® candidates. Recent legislative and regulatory successes include:
- The continued preservation of the mortgage interest deduction.
- Tax relief benefiting the real estate industry.
- Prohibiting banks from engaging in real estate brokerage activities.
- Eliminating burdensome regulations inhibiting environmental quality and healthy real estate markets.
- Passing the $8,000 federal first-time homebuyer and $1,800 state homebuyer tax credits.
- Protecting property rights in Georgia by passing the strongest eminent domain legislation in the nation.
- Defeating a 100% increase in the real estate transfer tax.
How will my contribution be used?
100% of your contribution is used to elect pro-REALTOR® candidates: 70% remains in the state to be used in state and local elections. 30% of your contribution will be forwarded to National RPAC to fund key U.S. House and Senate races. RPAC is neither a Republican nor a Democratic organization. Your contribution to RPAC is a vote for a pro-REALTOR® Congress, General Assembly and local delegation regardless of political party.
As REALTORS®, we simply cannot afford to place our fate in the hands of those who do not have our best interests in mind.
RPAC gives REALTORS® a seat at the table. In politics if you are not at the table… you are on the menu!