Welcome to the Paulding Board of Realtors
- Who comes to the Annual Conference and Expo?
- Georgia’s most successful brokers and REALTORS®
- REALTOR® Leadership from across the south
- Nationally known real estate experts
- REALTORS® who aim to grow their business
• What’s in it for me? Why do people come to the GAR Annual Conference and Expo?
- Build your referral business
- Enjoy the beautiful shores of the Florida panhandle before winter
- Prepare yourself for the next wave of business trends
- Get briefed on laws that will affect your next year in business
- Show your colleagues you support your industry
- Share your knowledge with those across the state
• What are the registration fees?
- Registration Fees:
EARLY BIRD REGULAR ON-SITE Payment Deadline Received by: before 8/9 8/9 – 8/28 8/29-9/20 REALTOR®, Board AE, Board Staff, Affiliates $159.00 $209.00 $249.00 Non-Industry Spouse/ Guest $159.00 $159.00 $159.00 Non-Member Attendee $249.00 $249.00 $249.00
- How do I secure my hotel room?
- Contact the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort at 800/622-1038. To receive the GAR rate inform the hotel that you are with the Georgia REALTORS®.
- The deadline for booking your hotel room at the GAR rate with Sandestin is August 16, 2014.
- Rooms are not guaranteed to be available at the GAR group rate after August 16th and rooms are based on a first come – first served basis. We strongly suggest attendees book their hotel room as soon as possible to guarantee lodging at the headquarters hotel. At the present time, no overflow hotel has been established.
- Bayside Area
LeCiel (formerly known as the Bayside Inn) $155.00* Bayside 1 Bdrm $180.00* Bayside 2 Bdrm $205.00* Bayside 3 Bdrm $330.00*
- Beachside Area
Beachside Studio $185.00* Beachside 1 Bdrm $205.00* Beachwalk Villas 2 Bdrm $220.00* Westwinds 1 Bdrm $220.00* Westwinds 2 Bdrm $325.00* Westwinds 3 Bdrm $425.00*
- Village Area
Grand Sandestin Studio $170.00* Grand Complex 1 Bdrm $195.00* Grand Complex 2 Bdrm $265.00* Grand Complex 3 Bdrm $335.00*
- *Plus 14% for taxes.
- All room rates include complimentary WiFi in guest rooms, meeting rooms, and Expo; on-property tram service; four hours of bicycle usage daily; one hour per day of tennis court time (based on availability); one hour per day usage on either a canoe, kayak or boogie board.
- If you are told any rate other than the special GAR rate listed below or that the room block is full, contact Ellen Shea, GAR Director of Association Services, at once via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 678-597-4118.
- Does my spouse / guest pay the same registration fee?
- When you invite your spouse or guest who is NOT a GAR member, your spouse / guest will received the guest rate listed above. This fee will enable your spouse or guest to attend all Conference events such as continuing education and optional activities. If your guest wants to play in the GAR Tennis Tournament then there is an additional $25.00 fee for that. If your spouse or guest is a GAR member, both of you should pay the REALTOR® registration fee.
- Should you wish to purchase individual tickets for your spouse or guest instead of the full registration fee, you will simply check off which tickets you would like to purchase for them when filling out the registration form.
- Can I register online?
- You can register online by clicking here. https://garealtor.net/DefaultN.aspx?event=3330
- Do I register once at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort?
- Upon your arrival you will be welcomed by the GAR Staff at the GAR Registration Desk. Here you will be given your name badge, program and any other important Conference materials. Admission to ALL Conference functions is by your name badge ONLY and WILL be monitored. Registration is required to attend any and all events. Badges are not transferable onsite.
• What does the registration fee include?
- A full registration includes all education sessions, committee meetings, the Grand Opening Cocktail Party, Thursday Lunch on the Go, Thursday Happy Hour, Thursday Night Party, BINGO, Friday Brunch and the Continental Breakfast on Saturday.
- What a registration fee does NOT include?
- A registration fee does not include the GAR Tennis Tournament.
- What meals are included in my registration fee?
- Grand Opening Cocktail Party
- Lunch on the Go
- Happy Hour / complimentary beer and wine
- Brunch on Friday in the Expo
- Board of Directors Continental Breakfast
- Do you have a Conference schedule?
- Yes, click here for the posted schedule.
• Where do the events take place?
- All events take place at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort Linkside Conference Center and Exhibition Hall.
• What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- Written cancellations prior to August 29, 2014 will reﬂect a $40.00 service charge.
- Due to contract obligations, no refunds will be given after August 29, 2014.
- All meeting cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing and mailed or faxed to the GAR office. Cancellations will not be taken over the phone.
- I can’t come to the Conference after all. Can someone else take my place?
- GAR does have a transfer / assignment policy that allows a member who needs to cancel to transfer his and her registration to another person. A form can be obtained at www.garealtor.com under Events. A transfer cannot be completed without this form and a non-refundable service charge of $25.00. Only the individual transferee is authorized to pick up the registration packet.
• I’ve seen a logo advertising a code for Twitter. What’s that about?
- This symbol is called a Hashtag:#. Twitter Hashtags are used to label or categorize Twitter posts. You can use them to follow tweets in real-time on one subject from different Twitter users by putting them on one screen. Very simply, if you are interested in a conversation, event or topic, you can follow all the tweets with that Hashtag. We have created the Hashtag #GAR2014 to make it easier for you to follow tweets about our 2014 Conference.
Here’s how to follow our conference tweets:
- To get conference updates, enter the conference hashtag, #GAR2014, into Twitter search or a Twitter application such as Tweetdeck. You will see one page with all of the conference tweets.
- To add your own conference tweet, make an entry on your Twitter page and add the conference hashtag, #GAR 2014, to the end. Your tweet will then show up on the same page with all of our other conference tweets.
For more information go to www.GARealtor.com
Wishing you all a Happy and Safe 4th of July!CONGRATULATIONS
Paulding Board of REALTORS
2014 Leadership Team
On December 5th at our annual Christmas Gala the 2014 Board of Directors were installed. The Paulding Board of REALTORS 2014 Leadership Team are as follows.
President: Pat McLeroy
Vice President: Brenda Leslie
Treasurer: Lori Saladino
Secretary: Janice Haley
Local Director: Stacey Everson
Local Director: Janice Lowe
Local Director: Kelvin Smith
Local Director: Steve Adams
Local Affiliate Director: Steve Fitzgerald
Immediate Past President: Rhonda Bowman
Congratulations to the 2013 Award Recipients.
REALTOR of the Year – Pat McLeroy
Affiliate of the Year – Tony Boothe
President’s Award – Pat McLeroy
Congratulations to all!.
We NEED YOU!
2014 Committees are coming together. If you are interested in serving on a committee please let the Board know. With your help 2014 will be a great year for the Paulding Board of REALTORS!